Almaden Yoga Teacher Panel
Anatomy & Adjustments
Gentle: 20-hr Module
This 200-hour yoga Teacher Training program will lead you through the following:
First 100 hours – Sept to Nov 2018
- Yoga Philosophy:
- Meditation and Pranayam
- Foundational yoga poses – benefits, modifications, risks
- Gentle Yoga module
Second 100 hours – Dec 2018 to Feb 2019
- Teaching Skills
- Sequencing a class
- Hands-on Adjustments
- Ethics and the business of being a yoga teacher
- Register and pay the fee by July 1st
- Attend all training weekend sessions
- Complete and submit all home assignments
- Two written tests with minimum score of 65%
- Sequence and teach a final class
- Go through 15 hours of mentorship with one of our mentor
- Observe 2 classes with any of the Almaden Yoga teacher(s)
- If the training is not completed to the satisfaction of the faculty
- you will be given a completion certificate
- you will get an opportunity to complete the missing knowledge with-in 2-months after the training
The Almaden Yoga Teacher Training Program includes an unlimited monthly membership to Almaden Yoga for a period of 6-months during the training.
MEET ANUJA CHAUDHRI
The training is led by Anuja.
Anuja started yoga as a kid when her father insisted on going through classes. Today she is grateful for that push. She went through her own internal journey to realize her passion – yoga and teaching. She got certified in 2006 under Linda Schlamadinger-McGrath and has been teaching since then.
Finally in 2010, she decided to take the plunge to open her own studio – Almaden Yoga. Her dream was realized with the help of her loving husband Ron Victor.
In 2015 Anuja decided to lead her own teacher training. She gives a great deal of importance to the art of teaching and yoga philosophy. From her teacher, Linda, she learnt the skill of teaching and her goal is to impart the same to others. Anuja prefers to take a small group of not more than 12 students so that she can give personal attention to each and also build a great camaraderie among the trainees. It is a journey that she thinks is not only for the students but also for herself to learn and continue her personal path as a Karma Yogi – Yoga of action.
From her two batches most of her graduates are spreading the joy of yoga by teaching at various yoga studios, gyms, also at their respective work places.
Hope you will join Anuja on this journey which she thinks, is life changing.
2018-2019 CLASS DATES:
Almaden Yoga Teacher Training will be held on weekends for 6 months at Almaden Yoga studio which will involve lectures, practice, demonstration, teaching and assignments. The training weekends will require all day commitment.
The 2018-2019 training weekends dates are: There will be no training during the month of October.
|SEPT||8th – 9th, 15th – 16th, 22nd – 23rd|
|NOV||3rd – 4th, 10th -11th, 17th-18th|
|DEC||1st – 2nd, 8th – 9th, 15th -16th|
|JAN||5th – 6th, 12th – 13th 2019|
|FEB||9th – 10th, 16th – 17th 2019|
Non-refundable deposit of $280 at the time of registration
You can pay the fee in full or two 50% installments, if needed
- 1st installment due by June 20th
- 2nd installment due by July 1st
- 80% refund by June 15th
- 60% refund by July 10th
- No refund after July 20th
- You can register for the teacher training right away
- Please check the class dates and make sure of your availability
- Please complete the registration form
- A non-refundable deposit of $280 needs to be paid to secure your spot in the teacher training
Yoga Alliance® is the largest nonprofit association representing the yoga community. Almaden Yoga is now part of their growing registered yoga school. We have been approved by Yoga Alliance.
At the end of the 200 hour training you will receive a Yoga Alliance certification.
To receive the 200-Hour certification you will need to complete the following:
- Register and pay the fee by July 1st
- Complete all home assignments
- Read all required books
- Sequence and teach a full 75 minute class as your final
- Pass two written tests
- Observe any of the Almaden Yoga teachers for 3 classes
- Regular practice of at least 3 times a week
- You will be allowed to miss one weekend due to prior plans or emergencies. If any session is missed you will have to spend time with the respective teachers to make up for the lost hours.
Almaden Yoga Teacher Training is indeed an experience I am grateful for. The bond formed with Anuja and the other trainees by far exceeded my expectations. There is a lot to be learned in the entire 200-hour training and having someone knowledgeable, caring, intuitive, open and fun as a guide made the journey well worth it. I felt there was a good balance of technical lessons on alignment, teaching practice and cues as well as learning about the Sutras, the philosophical and spiritual aspects of yoga. I am pleased that Almaden Yoga Teacher Training provided me with adequate experience, knowledge and tools so that I could apply all that I learned immediately. It is nice to know that even after the training, Anuja is available to help and support all of us as new teachers.
For many years, I have wanted to take a yoga teacher training class. AYTT fit my busy schedule and I took that as a sign the time was right. From the first day of training, I was so thankful to have joined this yoga teacher training program with Anuja at the helm. Anyone who knows Anuja knows she is an excellent yoga teacher with a huge heart and an incredible passion for yoga. She brought her whole heart and passion to each and every teacher training. She exceeded my expectations. Anuja helped me to realize yoga poses and alignment in my mind and body, and made sure I had a firm grasp on the yoga sutras and related philosophies as well. I am now teaching yoga and I feel blessed to have completed this program under Anuja’s guidance.
I appreciated being exposed to the Yoga Sutras, which I found to be amplifications of Biblical principles. My practice had previously focused on the physical. The teacher training program expanded my practice into the philosophical and spiritual aspects of yoga. People need to be prepared for the amount of time the training takes outside of the literal weekends of training. I was teaching before I took the teacher training from Almaden Yoga and continue to teach. The teacher training program gave me the credibility and foundation to the teaching I was looking for. Although I was already an avid reader and student of yoga practice, the training expanded my knowledge and application.